- Contact Name Chris Rennie
- Phone 3036419341
- Address 5420 Erickson Road
- City Bear Lake
- Township Onekama
- County Manistee
- School District Onekama
- Arrangement Lease, Short-term Lease, Long-term Lease, Partner with current owner
- Farming Enterprises Grains, Vegetables, Pasture
- Outbuildings Residence, Hay storage, Workshop, Barn
- On-Farm Residence(s) Yes, available for lease
2500 sq ft house with 3 bedrooms upstairs, 1 full bath, family room, dining area, partial basement, radiant heating. The residence will not be available until the summer of 2021.
- Machinery Oliver diesel row-crop tractor (currently not running)
John deer M
multiple plows, disks, etc. of multiple ages and states of repair
- Soil Type sandy
- Additional Info The farm is spit into a “North 40” (#51-11-001-006-00) located in part of the NW 1/4 and a southerly 35-acre parcel (#51-11-001-007-00) located in part of the NE 1/4 of the SW 1/4, both being in Section 1, T23N, R16W, Onekama Twp, Manistee County. The northernly and southernly parcels are separated by a dead end gravel road.
This farm was worked as a subsistence farm and provided horse boarding from the early 1970’s until the mid-1990’s. Mainly a 0.5 acre irrigated garden area, 15 acres of hay, and 20 acres of grain and pasture ranges. Since the mid-1990’s, it has mostly been growing over in natural forest spread. The northernly parcel is about 50 percent forested, dominated by widely spaced trees, including black cherry, jack pine, and Scots pine, with minor components of paper birch, sugar maple, big tooth aspen and American beech. Tree lines bordering the property are of mature red pine, jack pine and eastern cottonwood. Buildings are located on a 2-acre parcel on the northernly side. The southernly side is less than 50 percent forested.
We are not interested in selling the property currently, however, are interested in seeing it be managed properly and productive.
- Report a problem with this listing