$0Link to Listing Websitejohanna.email@example.com
- Business Virtue Cider
- Contact Name Johanna
- Phone 6162839367
- Address 2170 62nd Ave
- City Fennville, MI
- Township Ganges
- County Grand Traverse
- School District Fennville
- Arrangement Partner with current owner, MI
- Outbuildings Farmstand
- On-Farm Residence(s) No
- Current Practices Minimum tillage
- Additional Info Virtue Cider Farm Incubator Project is a land-share initiative that aims to supply new and aspiring farmers with a tillable plot, accessible resources, and storefront exposure, in hopes to develop one's skills and further local small business. By supplying a launching off point, the Incubator Project hopes to ease the start-up process by lending land, providing access to water and electricity, and following through with on-site encouragement. At Virtue Cider, we source local Michigan apples for cider production and by doing so have made inspiring ongoing friendships with neighboring farmers. The stories they have shared about the notable Michigan beauty and the ups-and-downs of working through the seasons has inspired us to launch this land-share program and open up our 48 acre property in yearlong increments to motivated agriculturally-minded individuals with existing businesses or sustainable concepts. If your business is selected, you’ll have opportunities to vend on our pop-up markets, sell products in our bottle shop, and partner with Virtue Cider in educating guests that visit us on your agri-business process through hosted workshops.
VIRTUE CIDER INCUBATOR FARM BENEFITS
● Trial Period Access to 1/4 acre of tillable pasture for 1 year, with an opportunity of up to 1 acre over the course of 4 years contingent on proven progression.
● Water Access, limited electrical access and greenhouse February-March
● Business development support through farm stand retail opportunities
● Access to monthly educational opportunities through the Know Your Farmer series at Virtue Cider
● Field consultation from the Virtue Cider Farm Operations Manager
● A supportive community and network of farmers, food and beverage specialists, and industry influences.
● Access at a prorated cost to the Virtue Cider Farm tool shed
Approved Land Access - Free
Tool Shed Access - $200 Monthly
All tools must be reserved 24 hours in advance, and notation must be made regarding the use of the item, and the time they will be used, and they must be put back in their places, clean at the end of the sign out.
30 gallon trash cans
FARM EQUIPMENT NOT INCLUDED - Virtue ATVs , Tractors, Forklift, actual fuel unless you replace, electric fences, fencers or hard-panel fencing.
Must have demonstrated farming experience, such as a background in family farming, homesteading, on-farm employment, internships, participation in Virtue Cider Farm programs, or similar training
Must have a clear farm business concept and commitment to farming with respect for the land.
Individuals interested in educating guests and tourists about the work and part they play in Virtue’s Incubator program, and about the processes they use in their agricultural programming.
Individuals with positive life outlook, upbeat attitudes, and an honest work ethic.
HOW TO APPLY
Send farm resume, business plan, social media platform links and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtue Cider Farms Incubator Agreement - I understand that by applying for the above mentioned programming, I’m agreeing the eligibility statements about me are true. If accepted to participate in the program, I understand that my ability to represent the accuracy of my business plan in respect to the property being lended. I understand that 1st year use of the land is rent free, but upheld to the standards of cleanliness and guest interactions required in conjunction with being located at Virtue Cider, which is dedicated to hard cider production and agritourism. With my participation in the program, I understand an ability to partner in direct sales to consumers, by participating in Virtue’s Pop-Up Markets throughout harvest months and other hosted event opportunities. I understand that if accepted, I’ll lead two workshops for guests of Virtue Cider a year. I understand that if I choose to retail my products at Virtue Cider in the gift shop, Virtue Cider will purchase from me at a wholesale price.
- Report a problem with this listing